Fast Additional Storage for your Video Games
Games download sizes are getting bigger and bigger especially with new seasons and DLCs (looking at your Call of Duty). For consoles and PCs, you might need to add additional storage to save your game files to or even take it to go for your gaming laptop later!
Here is our list of the top 5 additional storage solutions for your games.
WD_BLACK 2TB P50 Game Drive SSD
Designed specifically for gaming storage, this SSD is super fast and great for storing your steam games or for console storage. It is also super portable with shock resistance and an aesthetically pleasing rugged aluminium cover.
- SSD speeds up to 2000MB/s
- Shock-resistant and portable with Forged Aluminium Cover
- SuperSpeed 20Gb/s interface for PC or Console USB 3.2 GEN 2x2
Seagate Firecuda Gaming Dock 4TB External Hard Drive HDD
A great combination of storage solution and a dock, the Seagate Firecuda Gaming Dock is great if you want additional inputs and outputs at your fingertips. An interesting feature that it has it that it has a slot on the side to add additional storage via a NVMe SSD!
- 4TB Capacity
- Exandable NVMe SSD slot
- Thunderbolt 3 port, DisplayPort, USB 3.0, Ethernet Port, 3.5mm audio/mic port, 3.5mm audio out
- Minimalist industrial design with customizable LEds
SAMSUNG T5 Portable SSD 2TB
Samsung has been a leader in the SSD space and the T5 is one of the best in terms of speed and especially in portable. Easily the smallest external drive on the list, it is great if you are using a gaming laptop or want to use it for multiple PCs or consoles.
- SSD speeds up to 540MB/s
- A super small all metal design and shock resistance
- Optional password protection and AES 246-bit hardware encryption
Seagate BarraCuda 4TB Internal Hard Drive HDD
The Seagate BarraCuda is our budget-friendly pick for this list if you're looking to expand your storage for cheap. It is a classic internal HDD that you can install into your PC. It is super reliable and won't break the bank. Storage options go all the way up to 8TB.
- Budget-friendly HDD
- 4TB of storage
- 3.5 in Sata 6 Gb/s 5400RPM
- 5400 RPM 256MB Cache
WD_BLACK 2TB SN750 NVMe
If you want to definitely future-proof your system then you should get an NVMe SSD like the SN750. If you already have an NVMe for your main drive for your PC, then grabbing another for storage isn't a bad idea if you have an extra slot. This is the fastest storage solution you can get today and might be worth the investment.
- NVMe SSD, fastest storage solution you can use today
- Gen3 PCIe M.2 2280
- 3D NAND, Up to 3,400 MB/s